Internet browser closes consistently

Last Updated:

1. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had an issue w/ my internet browser closing on me for quite a while. It just closes down to where ever I was before the internet was launched, w/o a "force close" message box. This has happened across many diff ROMs, many diff browsers, and many diff kernels. Hell, it's been happening since at least 2.1 and perhaps 2.0.1.

I've tried clearing caches, wifi, lowering the kernel MHz, yet the issues still persist. Sometimes it happens instantaneously upon opening, sometimes it waits till I'm enjoying surfing away from my pc. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Same problem here. It's happened to me for a long time, but it's very sporadic. Doesn't happen more than once a week maybe, so I haven't really worried too much about it. I tried everything I could think of, and since it has persisted over OS versions, ROMs and kernels, I assume it's a problem with the browser app itself and can't be fixed by a user.

3. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

ever try to play with the settings accessed from typing ... "about:debug" in the address bar ?
    I had this issue once also but, I thought it was a rom and reloaded. I have played with desktop mode under UAstring in about:debug tho to prevent mobile pages from loading when I wanted the full version .... this is an interesting problem non the least.

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Interesting idea.. hadn't considered that. I don't think I would know what to change though.

5. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, exactly the same here.

6. triplecrown

triplecrown Well-Known Member

I have had the same problem before but haven't seen it for a while. Not sure if it was rom related. I had it when I was running kangerade 5.0.9 (i think thats right). But even then like you said it was very sporadic. I have searched for an answer too but never found anything and it stopped anyway.

7. nexus_215

nexus_215 New Member

Hi I have an HTC Wildfire running Android 2.2 and I have the same problem. The only fix I could come up with is reset to factory settings, which erases all apps, but it finally worked!