Internet closureGeneral

Last Updated:

1. BWallHair

BWallHair New Member This Topic's Starter

On my droid eris, I keep having a problem with my internet browser randomly closing. I have the haptic feedback on the soft keys, so I know I'm not hitting the home button.could out be a virus? Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. horseluvr

horseluvr Guest

My phone does that too but I don't know why. Sorry I can't help other than to let you know that you are not the only one. I am on replacement phone number 3 due to problems with the upgrade. Internet randomly closing was an issue on those too. I'm going to call Verizon to at least have it on record in case it gets worse.
    Good Luck!

3. clemsondave

clemsondave Active Member

Mine does it, but it's not random. If I open the browser, it will pop up then close. I'll open it again and it stays open. Started with the OTA.

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Its been a known problem for awhile now, ever since the leaks. It used to randomly crash in V2 of 2.1, but it seems to be fixed in V3 OTA. Now it only crashes on the initial load, but works perfectly after that. The only time it really crashes is when I open a massive web page.

5. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

xScope Lite will fix that... :)

6. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

I had this issue on Leakv3 but I redownloaded the v3 image and reflashed my phone. Everything seems great since I redid it. However, I did notice it crash 1 time while viewing a web page but it might have been something else all together.

I used leak3 since the day it was released and about 2 weeks ago reflashed it. When I did the reflash I did the md5 hash check on the image file to verify I had the correct information.... I'm thinking my original download was not complete however still loaded.

7. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Sometimes when I go to open the browser it just closes on me. I have yet to have it close on me while I am actually browsing though, so it's no big deal.

8. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

Occasionally when I open the stock browser it closes right away but when I open it right after its fine. Clearing the cache on the browser fixes the problem for awhile.

9. rycheme

rycheme Well-Known Member

I stopped using the stock browser some time back in favor for Dolphin HD. Perhaps using a non-stock browser will solve the issue for you?

BWallHair likes this.
  10. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member

I had this happen frequently after the OTA. I reset the the browser to stock settings, and it has been fine. (Knock on wood!)

11. homer169

homer169 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a factory reset? I've read that it helps with alot of the little problems after the OTA.

12. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

I've been using the stock browser rather heavily on multiple ROMs for about 6 weeks now, and I would say that it is just plain buggy - there's very little you can do about it. I've crashed it within minutes of using it for the first time on a new ROM, so it's unlikely that a FR or cache clearing will change things.

I don't know if there is something I could change about my behavior so that I would see the problem less often, but I frequently do things like re-size pages or click on links in pages as they are still being loaded, or even change from landscape to portrait and back and forth while doing text entry. (The phone keypad in portrait has far more bugs than the landscape text entry mode, but they both have problems.)

I've also had it crash many times when submitting posts - generally after the post has "taken" on the forum site (phew!), but the thread page refresh is just starting to occur.

I wish it was less buggy. OTOH, it's 100,000x better than what my old dumb phone could do.

eu1

13. nekoki

nekoki Well-Known Member

Same for me.

14. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Happens to me as well, it will close and open right back up and for some reason loads up a page i viewed from a few days back. Pretty weird.