internet conctivity through PC

Last Updated:

1. awanone

awanone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi, I recently migrated from HTC touch HD to HTC desire, in my previous phone which was Windows mobile 6.0 I could easily connect to my Internet connection on my PC and update whether & GPS info without ever subscribing to a data plan on my mobile. Unfortunately I was not able to do so on my HTC desire phone :eek: I was kind of wondering if anybody know how could I do this without utilizing WiFi or data plan on the phone by means of some application or some settings :D your help would be highly appreciated thanks

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If your laptop is win 7 with wifi adaptor you can use connectify to use the PC as a wifi access point...

3. awanone

unfortunately i am using desktop with win xp as most of my gadgets don't support win 7, is there any work around or app or setting i am missing here

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Get a usb wifi adapter for your pc, then set your pc up for internet connection sharing.
    You can then use your pc as an access point for your phones wifi Simples.

5. awanone

I am currently using a wireless pocket router connected directly to the internet to accommodate the wifi connection just for the phone but this defeats the purpose , Personally i think Windows mobile is much more mature technology as oppose to android as one really dont need to install apps all around just to accommodate basic functions which should be part of basic operating system