Internet connection sharing to laptop!

1. renegadeandy

renegadeandy Member

Hey guys.

I own an HTC Magic and am about to go travelling around my country.

I have the 3g connection on the magic and want to know if I can share it somehow to my laptop using a wireless network or the usb data cable. I would love to be able to surf the net on my laptop using the phone as the modem!

Does anybody know if this is possible - what apps I need and how to do it!

Thanks very much,

Andy

Advertisement
  2. renegadeandy

renegadeandy Member

hmm, is there no free alternative!
  3. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Not until you've rooted the phone.
  4. renegadeandy

renegadeandy Member

ok, so how would i do that - and what kind of benefits - pitfals does this bring?
  5. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

google
  6. Edwood

Edwood New Member

Reall helpful that-Google.Thought thats what forums were for.
  7. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Try a TAG Search of this site for "root" or "rooting" you will find all kinds or info, guides, and discussions ...
  8. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

The forums are here for people to share info and one of those ways of sharing is for people to search the forums for info prior to posting yet the same umpzillionth request for the same thing ...

A little self help and using Search on the site and also using a TAG search would yield large amounts of info, guides, and discussions ...

Googling this site would yield more than you would probably want to siff through ... but is an option ! :cool:
  9. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

PDAnet is free. No rooting necessary. Find it on the Market.
  10. gotdmw

gotdmw Well-Known Member

this is bad ass im making this post connected to pdanet...i dont what u would want the payed version for, what morewould u do then http?