Internet goes on and offSupport

Last Updated:

1. PowerliftingBBer

PowerliftingBBer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The internet goes on and off for me, is this normal? Or is it just because its searching for satellites? I noticed when my battery life is higher its better but still, from time to time it goes out, anyway to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. Silverexpress

Silverexpress Well-Known Member

I had the same issue, and it was due to too much crappy software accessing the internet in the background. Why they are written to do this I don't know. So what I did was delete them one by one, and not only did my Samsung get faster, but the internet and gps became more stable.

The worst culprit was Weatherbug Elite Locator.

Get rid of that crap you downloaded from the Market you hardly use, trust me.

3. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Turn off the location and gps settings globally (menu>settings>location and security) if you haven't already done so, only activate them when needed. This will not only limit network traffic to your phone leaving it available for when you want to use it, but will also improve battery life.

4. PowerliftingBBer

PowerliftingBBer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do you delete market applications?

5. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

First off, the person you are responding to is confused. Moment data lockups have nothing to do with installed applications, the phone simply locks up in some scenarios. Secondly, what does losing the internet on your phone have to do with satellites? :confused:

6. Silverexpress

Hi, do the following....

Go to -> Settings -> Applications -> manage applications

"Manage Applications" will generate a list of programs you've downloaded and installed. Click on any you do not use often, and another screen should appear with the stats for that particular program. On that stats page should be the option to uninstall or clear the cache - choose your rememdy.

Please all, keep in mind that alot of the software in the Market place is written by a bedroom community of programmers. I mean they're written in coffee shops, basements, bedrooms, breakrooms, garages...etc... If you think each and everyone of those programs are written by child prodigies, big corporations, men in black suits,...lol....think again - Those are far and few inbetween.

Get rid of them before you go calling your lawyer to go after Sprint.

7. Silverexpress

Enlighten us on these "some" scenerios. I'd like to see if it is repeatable with my unit. Regardless, I'm against poorly written software and poor quality, whether it be from Sprint, Samsung, Google, or the pimpled face kid next door. :eek:

(By the way, I smell politics - Hopefully, you do not see me as a roadblock regarding your goal to suing Sprint and Samsung. Just trying to help some people here).