Internet has become very slowSupport

1. JonMOn

JonMOn Member

Hi:D
    I have a problem with the internet on my phone.The web pages take a long time to load. The time line gets stuck at the end for a long time when loading. Does anyone know why this would be? It was OK a couple of days ago. It is still slow when I use different WiFi modems. I have deleted Android System version 7 app dont know if this would make a difference? Did this by mistake. The phone is a orange San Francisco.
    Thanks for any help:)

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

What is the Android System Version 7 app?

Also, is it all web pages or are there any specific pages which cause issue?
  4. JonMOn

JonMOn Member

hi
    not sure what the app does, thought some one mite be able to tell me? all the web pages are slow except maby the page that google searches. I might off taken that app of after it whent slow, not sure. I took some apps off to try and speed the internet up a bit.
    thanks for any help.
  5. dannymur

dannymur Well-Known Member

JonMOn....ya gotta give more info....:)

You using original (stock) Orange Android (Eclair 2.1)?

or have you a custom ROM on there, like Swedish Spring(Froyo 2.2) or Ginger Stir Fry(Gingerbread 2.3)?

Browser, stock or other(Opera/Dolphin)?

Are you having any trouble wit other devices on your Wifi? (Laptop?)

And, what app(application) is this Android System Version 7?
  6. JonMOn

JonMOn Member

Hi dannymur:)
    I am not sure what the app Android System Version 7 is as I think it came with the phone. I was using the original browser with the phone but because it was going slow switched to opera. tried about four different browsers and opera was the fastest. I know its not the WiFi I am using as computer ect is working fine and I have tried the WiFi of three of my friends with the phone and it was still slow. It seems to mostly hang on at the end of the time bar when loading the page. I haven't got custom rom on the phone, I dont know what that is really so I wouldn't know how to put it on. The phone is standard and has not been modified.
    Thanks for your help:D
  7. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

I don't see how you deleted Android System... :confused:
    I think you mean you killed its process, right?
    Is internet slow on other devices?
  8. dannymur

dannymur Well-Known Member

Hi again....Opera Mini? will be relatively fast because it diverts all requests to Opera's own servers, where they are compressed and sent to your Browser at a very fast speed......

How opera mini works???

[​IMG]

OK if they have the page(s) in their cache, but otherwise can be slow enough IMHO.

Is it just a particular site or URL which you have problems with, or in general.

You can check your Internet Speed from your OSF with Speed Test, free from market.

You really should consider unlocking, rooting and upgrading your phone to at least Android 2.2, to get the best from it.

For one thing, you will be able to utilise the SD storage more effectively for Apps, etc.

Also, with a new Launcher, like Launcher Pro, also free, your system will run much faster.

It is quite a painless process, and there are a number of easy to follow guides out there.

Unlocking and Rooting Guide

Upgrade to Froyo 2.2 Guide

And there is an even easier route, once your phone is rooted, by utilising a TPT (Total Phone Transfer) process...here
  9. JonMOn

JonMOn Member

Hi:)
    Thanks both for the replies. With the system app, it is still there to see but has no information when I open the information window in the application settings. I will have a look at the links you shown me. I will have to try unlocking ect this might help with the speed issue in the browser. Also all the web pagers lode slower than they use to, maybe some file has got corrupted? If I put a newer version of android do you think that might help with the problem? Where do you get a newer android operating system from?
    thanks again:)
  10. JonMOn

JonMOn Member

:(I did a speed test and the phone is just under 5Mb and the imac is just over 12Mb. Is this normal, should the computer be much faster than the phone?:confused:
  11. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Thats normal I
  12. JonMOn

JonMOn Member

ok thanks