• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internet home page

When I go to the internet it doesn't always go to my set home page. It will open with the last page I was on. Am I closing the connection wrong and have the internet still running?

That is the way that many, if not most, Android apps behave. (Android "trims" processes in a way that they save the last state they were in.)

If you want to quickly go to your home page, either set a bookmark for it, or do a

Menu -> New Window , or Menu -> Windows -> + (in the browser).

This will create a new browser window that loads whatever home page you have set up in the browser. After that, you can use the Menu -> Windows control to close the old window - there is a limit to the total number of browser windows you can have open.

eu1

Upvote 0
When I go to the internet it doesn't always go to my set home page. It will open with the last page I was on. Am I closing the connection wrong and have the internet still running?

After I'm finished browsing I bring up bookmarks (or "navigate" in 2.1 ROMs) and go to my home page from there. I then hit the home screen key.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the tips. So when I hit the return to home button it closes the connection?

There's no data stream even with the browser open, unless a page is loading or the website has background junk running such as a game site or junky ad with java/javascript or some polling script, "keep alive" script, etc.

However, unless you go into applications > manage applications and force close the browser by selecting it and hitting that "force close" button, the app will remain running.

I don't mind it doing that as I've noticed no significant battery drain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones