Internet Icon not opening home pageSupport

1. tmags2

tmags2 Active Member

When I try to open the internet from my internet app it opens the last page that I had last had open in my browser. I want it to clear cache/cookies and open the home I have it set to. Does anyone know how I do this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

try opening your browser, then menu, then settings.
  3. tmags2

tmags2 Active Member

Ok, I'm at the settings. There are a lots of settings. What do I change/set?
  4. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Set it to home before you leave it... The issue is that when you leave the browser (by hitting the home button) it is basically minimized. When I'm done with it, I just hit Menu->More->Home so it's ready for next time. Alternatively you could use something like System Panel Lite to kill Internet when you're done.
  5. tmags2

tmags2 Active Member

System Panel Lite did not work for me and going to Menu, More and Home seams a bit counter productive. Just an observation: When using my computer's browser- after shut down and restart it will always load home page. Isn't my smart phone similar?
  6. Emmsie

Emmsie Member

My Desire now does this too. It didnt use to before software update. Very annoying! Even if I use a task killer it still does the same.
  7. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

It is 'similar', but not really. How are you closing the browser? Just hitting the Home button? That isn't closing it, but simply minimizing it. See the difference? When you really close it (kill the app) it will reload to the home page.
  8. cane2477

cane2477 Member

I looked but couldn't find an answer, so forgive me if this was asked already... After the OTA update, when I open the stock browser, it opens the last website I visited, not my homepage. If I clear the history/cache and manually close the browser with a task killer, it will still open up to the last page I was on. Is there a way to make it default to my homepage? I dug though the settings but didn't seem to find an option for it. Worked fine in 2.1, but not now. Any ideas?

P.S. I was looking for some college football scores on espn.com, and every time the page would load, then crash the browser. Someone do me a favor and surf over there and see if it happens to you. Thanks!
  9. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

That's a feature of the browser.

You might want to try Dolphin HD. It has an Exit button and when you return it goes to your home page. It also lets you keep your User Agent set to Desktop which let's you see non-mobile sites.
  10. cane2477

cane2477 Member

Well it wasn't a "feature" in 2.1! I want it gone! LOL