• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internet keeps disconnecting when connected to laptop

I use my laptop to go on the internet via my HTC Hero. But it doesn't seem to be very stable, I have a good connection with a H and 3 bars. But it seems to drop the connection for no reason, my previous phone a sony ericsson would just stay connected all the time, this drops it when it likes, could be 2 min, to 2 hours before i have to reconnect then disconnect then connect.

Rather annoying!!

I use my laptop to go on the internet via my HTC Hero. But it doesn't seem to be very stable, I have a good connection with a H and 3 bars. But it seems to drop the connection for no reason, my previous phone a sony ericsson would just stay connected all the time, this drops it when it likes, could be 2 min, to 2 hours before i have to reconnect then disconnect then connect.

Rather annoying!!

Per sprint:

They had a tons of people (me included) that were able to use "phone as modem" until a recent system update. I used it all the time with my Q. From what the sprint rep said the Hero isnt able to work as phone as modem nor does it have a plan for it.

sucks :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones