Internet not working...Under Manufactures WarrantySupport

Last Updated:

1. rachelkitten

rachelkitten Member This Topic's Starter

So I kid you not...I've only have my Evo for not even a month and the mobile internet craps out. I took it to Sprint and they reset it and everything, come to find out I need a new Evo. So I'm on back order for 3-4 weeks. Do you think HTC would replace it faster than Sprint would?
    Is this a known issue for the Evo?

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

They are out of phones or something? Or is this an insurance issue?

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

No, you got a bad unit - that circuit was nearly dead on arrival.

You can check with HTC - wouldn't hurt.

When I got my Evo, it had a 30-day exchange guarantee to another handset. You can always ask Sprint again why you can get a new different brand right away, but have to wait a month for what you paid for.

There are Sprint-wise people floating around here, hopefully one will chime in with more advice.

If Evos are on back-order again due to supply/demand, you might be stuck. :(

Sure hope not.

rachelkitten likes this.
  4. rachelkitten

rachelkitten Member This Topic's Starter

I think they're all out of Refurb Evo's or whatever they do to replace you with because I didn't have to make a claim.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I just replaced my Evo the other day for this same issue. Apparantly the 3g radio just crapped out. the tech said he has seen a few evo's with this problem over the last few weeks. He was going to order me a refurb, but his system showed they were on backorder for a few weeks, so he just swapped me with a brand new one. You should go back, or to a different store, and tell them to do that. Tell them you cant go that long without a working phone.