Support Internet not working...Under Manufactures Warranty

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rachelkitten, Dec 3, 2010.

1. rachelkitten

rachelkitten Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Colorado
    So I kid you not...I've only have my Evo for not even a month and the mobile internet craps out. I took it to Sprint and they reset it and everything, come to find out I need a new Evo. So I'm on back order for 3-4 weeks. Do you think HTC would replace it faster than Sprint would?
    Is this a known issue for the Evo?

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    They are out of phones or something? Or is this an insurance issue?

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    No, you got a bad unit - that circuit was nearly dead on arrival.

You can check with HTC - wouldn't hurt.

When I got my Evo, it had a 30-day exchange guarantee to another handset. You can always ask Sprint again why you can get a new different brand right away, but have to wait a month for what you paid for.

There are Sprint-wise people floating around here, hopefully one will chime in with more advice.

If Evos are on back-order again due to supply/demand, you might be stuck. :(

Sure hope not.

rachelkitten likes this.
  4. rachelkitten

rachelkitten Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Colorado
    I think they're all out of Refurb Evo's or whatever they do to replace you with because I didn't have to make a claim.

5. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    I just replaced my Evo the other day for this same issue. Apparantly the 3g radio just crapped out. the tech said he has seen a few evo's with this problem over the last few weeks. He was going to order me a refurb, but his system showed they were on backorder for a few weeks, so he just swapped me with a brand new one. You should go back, or to a different store, and tell them to do that. Tell them you cant go that long without a working phone.

Tags: