Internet opens... then closes againSupport

Last Updated:

1. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, not sure if this is general Android, HTC or HTC Legend related (mods please move as you see fit).

Sometimes when I open the stock internet browser I get a white screen for a few seconds and then closes again (no force close message).

This also (sometimes) happens if I launch an internet shortcut.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

I'm on 2.1 standard HTC Sence.

Cheers all.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello, staffsmatt.

You're correct, the thread needs to be here in the Legend area. ;)

Anyway, the browser being dumped could be caused be a few different issues. I'd first go into the application manager and select the browser, clear cache, then clear data and reboot the device to see if that remedies things (you'll have to reset your bookmarks and other configurations because of the data clearing).

If not, I'd next make sure there is nothing conflicting with the browser such as another browser running, such as Dolphin, etc.

Then I'd go into the settings of any apps that have to go onto the internet for updating or syncing, such as Facebook, Weather, News, Gmail, etc and turn syncing off temporarily to eliminate any possible sync loops, which can happen from time to time and cause issues such as you're having in addition to battery and resource drain, etc.

Be sure to reboot after any changes you've made.

Good luck.. please post back your results. ;)

staffsmatt likes this.
  3. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried clearing the internet cache (it was up to about 6MB) and I'll see how that goes as it only happens a couple of time a week so I'll keep my eye on it.. If it was a sync loop would disableing and re enableing the sync fix it? (i tend to turn auto sync on during the day and off at night so this re-set may be happening regularly anyway).

Thanks again.