• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help internet pass through, htc desire

stingray220

Lurker
Mar 25, 2011
could somebody please walk me thru the steps to get my internet pass through to work with my htc desire. i am in afghanistan and want to download games, movies, ect. i have vista 64bit on my computer and the latest htc sync program. the internet pass through wont allow me to access the internet from my phone via the computer. i have allowed sharing network on the lappy, but still no luck. what am i over looking? the htc sync program does not have any options other than "sync" media, ect, but no internet access options. Please help, thanks!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forums, stingwray.

I'm wondering if your internet passthrough is not coming about because the proper drivers for your Desire may not be installed on your 64 bit computer.

By the way, I'm assuming your Desire is not a Desire HD, let us know if that is the case so that we can be sure your query is in the correct forum here.

Which ever version of Desire you have, do a search with your PC for the drivers. and then install them to your PC.

There is a note at the "frenetic rapport" site about possible issues getting the drivers to function, and the remedy:

"If you are having problems with getting 64bit debugger (ADB) drivers installed for your HTC Desire on Windows, you will need to make sure you have the following in your android_winusb.inf file located in the usb_driver folder in the Android SDK folder:

[FONT=&quot];HTC Desire[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C87&MI_01[/FONT]​

It should be located anywhere between the [FONT=&quot][Google.NTamd64][/FONT] and [FONT=&quot][USB_Install][/FONT] blocks."

Then, simply plug in the cable on your Desire and the PC, and set the phone to "USB tethering".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones