Internet pass throughSupport

Last Updated:

1. theboy

theboy New Member This Topic's Starter

Unfortunately this is my first smartphone and I can't seem to get this thing to work...

My laptop is running Windows XP SP3 and I've installed the latest HTC sync software from the website (as of this morning) and rebooted at least twice.

When connecting the phone the USB icon appears in the top right hand corner and the phone startes charging. I can change the settings and connect to sync and access the phone as a disk drive with no problems.

However when changing to internet pass through an icon appears with two horizontal arrows pointing in either direction but I can't access either the Internet or the market. Device manager shows under network adapters the HTC Remote NDIS based Device is rnning properly.

My laptop has no issues connecting to the internet, I'm connected via a cable at work (LAN) that connects straight out to our provider. The laptop is not running with a firewall. I've changed this and connected to my work network using VPN but again have the same problem.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks
    K

Advertisement
  2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

I'm confused, what are you expecting to see with pass through enabled.

3. varunm.11

varunm.11 New Member

I too can do everything properly on my laptop:
    1) No firewall
    2) Can see the 'internet pass thru' notification, 2 arrows on top of screen
    3) HTC device in device manager
    4) Latest version of HTC sync

Still the internet doesn't work on the phone, whereas it works perfectly on my laptop. Can't understand why it happens... Please advice!!!

Thanks,
    Varun Mahajan

4. landovr

landovr Well-Known Member

Mine seems to work, Have you tried turning on usb debugging.