• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internet plan with cliq?

magma9495

Lurker
Dec 11, 2009
Hi, ok, i have a question about getting a cliq. Right now i have a plan with unlimited talk and text on tmobile. I REALLY want an android phone, but to get one at discounted price you need an internet plan. Being only a teenager and all, i don't have a job and my parents don't have $30 a month to pay for internet. If i bought the phone for full price, could i use it without having an internet plan? i've talked to a few representatives and some of them say i don't need an internet plan and some say i do. Is internet needed? What about getting it unlocked, would it work then?

Hmmm I'm not really sure. Though unlocking the phone wouldn't do anything. Unlocking doesn't do anything to the phone, only allows the use of non-Tmobile sim cards. Have you looked at there Even More Plus plan? No contract and say for a month you didn't want the data plan, turn it off and next month turn it back on. Joys of no contract. Though you do have to pay retail price of the phone on this plan, depending on the credit rating they give you, you can get a payment plan.

Upvote 0
this is my personal opinion about that, there is no point of buying the cliq and just using it for a phone. You really have to see what exactly you would use the phone for, like texting or internet. I had the ten dollar internet plan from tmo and just got an unlocked Iphone to use on it. Just make sure you don't tell anyone from tmobile that you are using the iphone b/c they will try to sell you the $35 data plan that you won't be able to take full advantage of.

If you text more, there is a $20 unlimited text/internet plan that tmo offers. Again, you can't tell tmo that you are going to be using and iphone.

It would be ashame to purchase any smart phone and not be able to use it to its full capabilities. Try getting a part time job and throw some money your parents way to help them with the payment of some of the phone bill if you really want the cliq

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones