internet problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. alan hanson

alan hanson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey peeps,

know a few posts on this but since istalling froyo 2.2 i cant get on the sky sports website at all just freezes on teh google search and then i try and get on the bbc sport page which works fine but when i go on the live cricket text it crashes and quits the internet. I never had a problem with either before 2.2!

I have tried on the defualt browser and also dolphin but neither work. Are there any settings i should change since installign 2.2 or is it just a case of 2.2 update screwing things up?

my friend in the office at work is on orange with 2.2 and it works fine for him

Advertisement
  2. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Works fine for me so I'd suggest a hard reset...what ROM are you on at the mo?

3. alan hanson

just the standard 2.2 froyo if thats what you mean? how do you hard reset and will i lose anything as i have set the phone up just how i like it with launcher pro etc....

4. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

Are you sure the APN settings are correct for your network ? I've not done an update but I thought it could bin your APN settings. I'm presuming you're using OTA (not Wifi) otherwise ignore me.

5. alan hanson

yeh ota internet where and what should the APN settings be this area is totally new to me

6. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Firstly, Flash only works over WiFi so if you were connecting using 3G then the BBC sites won't work properly.

To check the version of Android on your unit, go to Settings>About phone>Software information

7. alan hanson

full flash yeh but neither site requires full flash both worked perfect prior to 2.2 froyo.

in software info its says webkit 3.1

8. srhplover

srhplover Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem with the BBC Sport site. I go from the front page to the cricket section and immediately "drop out" of the BBC sport site and browser. This is via wifi. The wifi connection remains good however.

I remember reading somewhere that this is a known problem with the Beeb site. It must be a clash with 2.2 as I had no such problem with 2.1. I have updated Flash but that makes no difference.

However via wifi I have NO problem getting around the Sky Sports site.

9. alan hanson

sky sports is also a no go area just freezes, with the bbc problem a friend sat 2 metres away from me on orange with 2.2 and it worked fine with bbc

however, bbc i player website with wifi works fine

10. alan hanson

edit that sky sports now works but still bbc no good

11. srhplover

PS I have the same problem on the BBC News website.

12. srhplover

@ Alan Hanson and me and anyone else with similar problems.

A solution of sorts.

When on the BBC sport page try: Menu - More - Settings - scroll down to Enable plugins - change from default Always On to On Demand.

This should enable you to get around the site(s) without the browser dropping off.

13. srhplover

Not sure how to delete this.

14. srhplover

I have now been in touch with HTC about this.

After being told to do a factory reset which I did (lost free unlimited Shazam and Places Directory as a result - bugger) nothing had changed. Clicked on BBC Sport and then Football and the browser crashed.

After HTC suggested I returned the phone for repair I said there was no point as this was a 2.2/flash related software issue. I then asked whether there was a techy there who could advise. HTC then contacted me to say that they had the same problem on their phones in the support centre. As a result they had passed the problem to their developers.

I will let you know when there is any news.