Internet Radio / wakeup / alarm?

Last Updated: 2012-03-05 22:03:26
  1. GingaEnigma

GingaEnigma Member

Hello there friendly androiders,

I have a Asus Transformer, and love using it for internet radio in the mornings while getting ready for work.

I am South Africa, living overseas in Tanzania so it's great to get my fav radio station from home playing. the app I use is called TuneIn Radio : https://market.android.com/details?id=tunein.player

Now, I was wondering. Is it possible thru a combination of apps etc, to have my tablet wake-up at a set time, open this app and start my fav radio station playing so that I can wake up to music instead of my crappy alarm? It must be I just don;t know how I guess....

Advertisement
  2. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

Llama, Tasker, and AutomateIt are all apps that can do what you want. Look into which one will work best for you.
  3. jp0469

jp0469 Well-Known Member

This should be pretty simple. TuneIn Radio has a built-in option to resume the most recent audio stream upon launch. There are many alarm clock apps that allow you to launch an app when an alarm time is reached. I know that Alarm Clock+ can do it and there are others as well. You might want to test out the reliability of this setup or at least set a back-up alarm with a normal ringtone until you're positive that it will work without fail.
  4. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

TuneIn Radio has this option built in. Go to the radio station of your choice, select Menu (the third icon along the bar in the middle of the screen. Looks like a list) and Set Alarm.

Personally, I've found it a bit unreliable on the few occasions I tried it but that could be down to other factors.