• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet randomly stops

bonafide

Lurker
Nov 12, 2010
So I just got my HTC Desire today and so far i'm loving it. The main problem i'm having here is that my internet will stop working after about 30 seconds of me not using it. I'm connected to wifi and have a 3G signal but for some reason it just stops. It seems to stop once I stop using the phone and unlock it and want to go on the internet. I'm thinking maybe when the phone lock it just automatically loses connection or something. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Oh and it's the Telus version running on Fido.

Cheers

Okay so I pinpointed the problem. Supposedly when the screen turns off and the phone goes into Power Save Mode the WiFi loses connection. Does anyone have any ideas about what I can try? I bought the phone and its running android 2.2 and it is running Cyamogenmod-6.0.2-Desire. Would downgrading to 2.1 work? Or maybe a different rom? Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones