internet sharing HTC evo with windows 7Support

1. jzone

jzone New Member

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to share internet through the phone. I run windows 7 on my netbook and I have installed HTC sync. When I connect my HTC evo and set the connection status as share internet and then open pdanet I get error 651. Now I don't have the wifi sharing plan, just the regular all data 450 + min. plan. Is there a workaround for this or do I need the more expensive wireless sharing plan? I don't want wireless sharing I just want tethering. Is this doable?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

Moving to the Evo section so that the users there can better assist you :)
    jzone likes this.
  3. I believe you need to pay for tethering if you want to tether. Or buy pdanet. Or root.
    jzone likes this.
  4. kmoon89

kmoon89 Well-Known Member

PDANet. Free and simple.
    jzone likes this.
  5. jzone

jzone New Member

Hey thanks for the replies. I did some more searching since I posted and found that easy tether works just fine for me. I don't know what the problem with pdanet was but I don't really care at this point. Thanks for posting!
  6. jenlove

jenlove New Member

even with a try to download few things, but i dont care i use linux more and with linux just work and dont need to download anything, i use pclinuxos and ubuntu and works with boths very easy and without problems, so i dont care is with windows dont work.