internet sharing HTC evo with windows 7Support

1. jzone

jzone New Member

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to share internet through the phone. I run windows 7 on my netbook and I have installed HTC sync. When I connect my HTC evo and set the connection status as share internet and then open pdanet I get error 651. Now I don't have the wifi sharing plan, just the regular all data 450 + min. plan. Is there a workaround for this or do I need the more expensive wireless sharing plan? I don't want wireless sharing I just want tethering. Is this doable?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

Moving to the Evo section so that the users there can better assist you :)
    jzone likes this.
  3. I believe you need to pay for tethering if you want to tether. Or buy pdanet. Or root.
    jzone likes this.
  4. kmoon89

kmoon89 Well-Known Member

PDANet. Free and simple.
    jzone likes this.
  5. jzone

jzone New Member

Hey thanks for the replies. I did some more searching since I posted and found that easy tether works just fine for me. I don't know what the problem with pdanet was but I don't really care at this point. Thanks for posting!
  6. jenlove

jenlove New Member

even with a try to download few things, but i dont care i use linux more and with linux just work and dont need to download anything, i use pclinuxos and ubuntu and works with boths very easy and without problems, so i dont care is with windows dont work.