internet sharing with easytether or sprint smartviewSupport

Last Updated:

1. titillidie

titillidie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This might be more like a general computer question or something, but I cannot get to any screen that lets me enable internet sharing. I can use sprint smartview or easytether to connect to the internet, but I cannot share the connection with other computers.

Win xp
    Linksys router
    Htc evo and 2.2
    Easytether
    Sprint smartview

Not sure what other info you might need, but please help!!!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

with easytether, do you have the correct version installed on your pc as well? Since you have xp, you will also have to download drivers for the phone.

3. titillidie

1.1.9.2 is the version installed on my computer. it works fine to tether, but i do not have the option for internet sharing on the adapter's properties

4. titillidie

just removed and installed easytether again with 1.1.9.3. still no luck on the internet sharing option

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

have you tried pda.net?

also, i know pda net requires the phone to be set up a certain way....like on pda.net the phone has to be set up a certain way with usb debugging on and set to charging only (don't remember exactly what)

6. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

I use easytether and I don't know that this can be done. I think that's one of the drawbacks of easy tether. With easy tether the computer has to be connected via USB doesn't it? So maybe it could be done if you had a usb that split.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the question but I believe you're trying to get easy tether to work simultaneously on multiple computers? Maybe you can clarify a little?