Internet Stops Working

Last Updated:

1. bigstu22

bigstu22 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. Whilst browsing, my connection suddenly hangs-even though I am in a good 3G or 3G+ signal area.

I've already searched these forums and came across a whole myriad of ideas/fixes but none work for me. I'm in the UK on Orange.

There is one thing I can definitely confirm, however. The problem is not a network problem alone. It is either the handset alone or a combination of handset/network. The reason I know this is that the very same sim I am using now worked flawlessly on my iphone 3G.

Now, there seem to have been no posts on this subject for a couple of months now-making me suspect that a fix has been found. Unfortunately, I appear to have been left behind! Am I the only one with this problem now? Any advice would be very welcome.

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

It does happen although not as frequently as it used to, no idea why.

You could try force closing the internet app (perhaps using System Panel app or the built in settings menu) then restart it. If that doesn't work put the phone in and out of airplane mode to force the connection to restart.

3. bigstu22

Thanks for the reply, buddy. Tried both and neither work. It's really frustrating-especially when you're in the middle of showing your sceptical iphone-owning friends how good it is!!

4. snowmobile

Not sure then. I've never experienced any problems that couldn't be solved by the above methods.

Could it be an Orange specific issue? I've noticed there is a thread about data problems on Orange.

5. bigstu22

As I said, the very same sim worked flawlessly in my iphone. So if it's an Orange specific problem it's even more specifically an Orange on Desire problem.

That said, I did notice T-mobile owners complaining too.

6. snowmobile

7. bigstu22

Thanks for the replies buddy. I'm going to stop this thread now and use the thread you mentioned-I missed that and have kinda hijacked it!