1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Internet Tethering App

Last Updated:

1. gotdmw

gotdmw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im sure this has been discussed many times, but since the mobile app world is changing so rapidly, i am curios if PDA net is still the best thing going? I have been using this app for a while but the trial expired and now i cant browse https which is alot of what i use.

Is there any tethering app that works like pdanet and is free?

and if paid version is the only way which is the best payed tethering app?

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

I just posted a thread over in the incredible forums for tether beta. Try it out and let us know how it works. I got the email but I'm not using it, I go wireless.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

3. gotdmw

gotdmw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does anybody else have an opinion on this?

4. spectraphysics

spectraphysics Member

PDAnet worked well for me until I rooted my Droid and installed Froyo, which has usb tethering built in. The only thing that I noticed with PDAnet was that while I was connected to my laptop, I didn't receive calls.

The PDAnet client for your computer comes in both a 32bit and 64bit variety, and I learned that you have to make sure you're installing the correct one for your OS. Keep that in mind.

Otherwise, great product.... saved me many times!

5. unexplainedsecrets

unexplainedsecrets Member

I just downloaded Easy Tether the other day and tried it out for about 10 minutes and it worked perfectly. It was very simple. When the G1 first came out PDANet wasn't exactly user-friendly (at least, not for me) so that's why I didn't try that one again.

Another question to add to this topic: does anyone know if/when TMobile will get pissed that you are using tether? What can they do? Will they cancel your contract? Charge you extra for using the tether?

I ask because it is VERY possible in the next few weeks Easy Tether might become my regular at home internet service.

Here's how I see it: TMobile gets a break when I switch to wifi and don't use their 3G connection........... so when does my wifi get a break and get to use my TMobile connection???? Fudge off TMobile!!!!! :D