Internet version of FacebookSupport

Last Updated:

1. RHS

RHS Active Member This Topic's Starter

I use the internet version, but I've noticed that it has two different formats. One is a mobile version and is located at Welcome to Facebook | Facebook. The other one is Welcome to Facebook | Facebook.
    What is the difference in the two, other than the different screen layout? Also, they are not up to date with each other either.

Advertisement
  2. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

There are actually 3 versions you can use VIA web. Mobile, Touch, and Full. Mobile I use over all 3. I use the app sometimes. Touch is more condensed. It doesn't have all your notifications; pokes, birthdays etc, and typically has people you frequently keep in touch with on your home page. Mobile is a mini version of Full, you get all your notifications and normal feed. Full is just the computer site.

Hope that helps.

3. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I can't use the mobile site because it won't accept my password for some reason. I typed it as sloooowly as possible multiple times to be *sure* I had it correct, but it just won't take. Online w/the same password is no problem. Very odd...

4. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

Lol. I have experienced this as well. It has happened to me on many OS. Try closing down the browser completely then trying again. Sometimes that works for me. I have no idea why it does this. Also, if that doesn't work it usually stops after a day or two of being weird.

5. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

In the non-Internet version of Facebook, you only get one friend. :(

6. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

I was able to get online today, but I noticed in the URL box, it switched me automatically from the "mobile" to the "touch" site. Looks like I have a truncated friends list in alpha order -- down to the "Ds" and that's it.

EDIT: I just saw where I can click on "Mobile" at the bottom of the "Touch" page to take me back to the mobile version.