• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

janice914

Lurker
Aug 21, 2011
I'm not sure what's going on, but here's the issue. It seems there is no connection to get to the internet, play words with friends, get email etc. My phone service with Virgin Mobile is still active, I checked. I can make phone calls, phone works for the offline things. Last night I turned on the WIFI from home and then could do all the online things. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks.

Yes, it has the 3G with the up and down arrows above it. Then I have the bars to the right of it, short to tall. This is where usually some of them are green. Haven't seen a green one all day. I did a couple of app updates (yahoo mail I think was the only one), but that was a few days ago, before this problem started. I think this issue started yesterday evening.

Upvote 0
Now resolved. After a 71 minute call to Virgin Mobile, which did not fix the issue, the rep was forwarding it with great urgency and said I would get a phone call. 30 minutes later, the phone was 'making music'. Notifications were coming in and everything was back to normal. Still waiting on the call back from Virgin Mobile. But, at least it was 'fixed'. First time in 3 years that I have had an issue, so I guess I can't complain. Thanks to all and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Upvote 0
Now resolved. After a 71 minute call to Virgin Mobile, which did not fix the issue, the rep was forwarding it with great urgency and said I would get a phone call. 30 minutes later, the phone was 'making music'. Notifications were coming in and everything was back to normal. Still waiting on the call back from Virgin Mobile. But, at least it was 'fixed'. First time in 3 years that I have had an issue, so I guess I can't complain. Thanks to all and Happy Holidays to everyone.

IIRC, this happened to at least one other person (I think MacFett, actually). Virgin Mobile screwed up on their side, and once they rectified it, your phone was golden.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones