[Int'l version] OTA updateGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-07-18 09:26:51
  1. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Yea I know, I ran it 5-8 times a while back and my best was 5300 odd, this time, after at least another 6 tries they were all at least 5530+ so it's fairly safe to say it's an improvement from the firmware as nothing else has changed.

Advertisement
  2. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Well-Known Member

I have an unlocked international version in north america and mine updated last night. This must be coming from Samsung since I am not locked to any carriers.
  3. chompyrud

chompyrud Member

Ive had the update - but something i've found which I don't like is that the auto preview of all my video's playng at once in the video player app has stopped - they are all static images now - anyone else got this? I liked that! Bring it back
  4. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

I just noticed I cant get any emails, says theres a connection error
    The total number of emails is showing on the widget but wont download to phone for some reason
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot New Member

I installed the upgrade a few hours ago. Now I can't call anyone or receive a call.
    The process com.android.phone stops unexpectedly. On clicking OK, the phone returns to normal and resets the network connection.

The Screen Hangs up when somebody calls me. After the 3rd or 4th ring, the same "com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" appears. This happens randomly, but with specific contacts it happens every time. :(

Don't know what to do. Please help.
  6. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

Just updated, they changed they keyboard again, now it's similar to the iPhone one. I liked it more before.

Question: why does it keep saying "Android is upgrading" after every reboot?
  7. Jer39

Jer39 Member

I'm still waiting for my SGS3 to arrive but read that when you pinch to zoom on the web browser that the text does not automatically format to fit the page. Is this true? If so, has this issue been resolved by the OTA update?
  8. Crafty

Crafty Well-Known Member

I'd do a factory reset, backup before you do.

ETA : Just came across this list of fixes / screenshots http://www.totallydubbed.net/2012/0...y-s-iii-i9300xxblfb-official-update-gt-i9300/
    XplosiV, umeshdhingra and prabhjot like this.
  9. darka5sa5sin

darka5sa5sin Guest

Nope all mine are still moving playing about 5 seconds on the vid as a preview
  10. Three6ty

Three6ty Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Can I have a little help please? I am about to flash the stock firmware to my S3 using Odin. Fedup with waiting on Three to get there backsides in gear and update the phone. They still have not done the update from the previous firmware revision. Have read the guides over on XDA and I think I get it all.
    Firstly I presume I do not need to root to do this?
    Secondly, will flashing the new firmware with Odin wipe my phone and I would need to set it all up again, or will it simply update the firmware without resetting the phone?
    Thanks for any help.
    Cheers, Rich
  11. Crafty

Crafty Well-Known Member

It'd reset the phone, backup before you do anything.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you need to root.
  12. sherlock5545

I was on Three branded as well, and flashed the unbranded firmware.

1. You don't need to root the phone at all.

2. You won't lose any data, the phone remains the same as it is. Just do a backup of anything you won't be able to recover if something goes wrong.
    Three6ty likes this.
  13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Why don't Samsung advertise the update so we all know what we are getting. Seems odd that we have to rely on end users to work out what the changes are. From what I'm reading its seems like quite a large upgrade with some positive changes.

Why aren't Samsung making more of it?
  14. Three6ty

Just done it. No issues. Very straight forward.
    Only thing I have noticed is Kies now say something about not being able to upgrade the phone software anymore. Presumably I will have to upgrade future firmwares via Odin manually from now on?
    Will I see OTA upgrades on my phone or will that not work either? Saying that I've never had an OTA upgrade yet being on Three network!
    Cheers, Rich
  15. sherlock5545

I haven't tried Kies to see if it says that to me as well. OTA updates are anyway available, as you are running a stock unbranded firmware.
    Three6ty likes this.
  16. bigyid

bigyid Well-Known Member

This is doing my nut right in lol 2 updates and O2 haven't released any :mad:

Has anyone on O2 got updates ?
  17. krypt23g

krypt23g Member

that feature of 'extra volume' option was present in one of the phone reviews done by Aaron from Phone Dog, so it means the US phones already should be having this upgrade.
  18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Noticed something that I think is new - but could be wrong!

When shooting video you get a readout at bottom right that tells you size of current clip and available space.
  19. darka5sa5sin

darka5sa5sin Guest

Something else that is fixed is the battery %

When charged to 100% it stays there when disconnected instead of dropping straight away to 99%
  20. chompyrud

chompyrud Member

Really? Mnes definately not playing anymore - I can't see it as a setting option problem so i'm not sure how to get it to work again! Anyone have any suggestions?
  21. gwuk

gwuk Member

Does anyone know if they've fixed the problem where it deletes email accounts when you have 3 email accounts set up? I have gmail, exchange and an IMAP account but every few days it deletes the whole IMAP account (not just the emails). I reported this to Samsung and after initially fobbing me off they said they'd look into it and release a firmware upgrade if necessary
  22. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

I'm not new to flashing and rooting, but I'm new to wanting to do it in this particular way...

Will flashing an unbranded stock firmware via Odin void my warranty and cause the yellow warning triangle to show at boot? Also, will I be able to update OTA after flashing an unbranded firmware?

I have an O2 branded handset and they seem to take ages to get updates out... still haven't had the first one, but I don't want to start rooting, flashing custom ROMs and voiding warranties just yet :p
  23. sherlock5545

It shouldn't void your warranty if you flash a stock firmware. Rest assured, no yellow triangle will appear, I did it myself. OTA updates on stock firmware are available.
    matttye likes this.
  24. bigyid

bigyid Well-Known Member

Is their any links to stock firmwares :( I'm on O2 branded phone and might take the plunge
  25. Three6ty

Hi,
    One thing I have found today is that Android File Transfer on my Mac no longer seems to work. When I connect it keeps telling me no device detected.
    Any ideas anyone please?
    Cheers, Rich