Intro and question on Mail vs. Gmail (IMAP?) appsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MarcoinDC

MarcoinDC New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone,

After a few years of Blackberry, I recently switched over to this new shiney Android. I love my Eris for the most part. I'm still looking at the Moto Droid for the keyboard, but we'll see, this HTC UI is b-e-a-utiful!

I've installed the gmail app. I've read here that for gmail users it's the way to go. I'd like to keep the standard mail app for my work email and my hotmail (I don't even know if that's possible yet). I probably messed up somewhere in setting this all up because now I see special IMAP folders on my gmail inbox when I login through my laptop.

How can I get rid of these and have the phone work with the same inboxes I work with through the web?

Are these folders built because of the gmail app or because of the mail app?

Thanks!
    marco

Advertisement
  2. marylandmark

marylandmark New Member

+1

Same issue here.. Switched from an iPhone 3G to the HTC Droid ERIS.

- Verizon data slower but at least I can make calls vs no signal on AT&T
    - iPhone keyboard bigger (esp space bar) which was much better for me typing
    - battery life shorter on ERIS (no, not due to new smartphone user- it's has a shorter life than the iPhone) BUT battery is not sealed in the unit like the iPhone so much better for me. Can do resets or carry a 2nd battery vs having to waste time charging.

Few other things but right now the imap added folders are a PITA

Help?