intro, BlackBerry to Android question

Last Updated:

1. stoudtb

stoudtb New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

I'm Bryan, and glad to join the forum here. Right now, I have a BlackBerry Curve 8530, and am considering another phone as a Christmas present.

Since my Verizon contract isn't up yet, I'd have to buy something at a fairly high price, so I'm looking for some advice.

I don't hate my BB (at all), but am considering an Android-based phone for several reasons -

* text-to-voice GPS,
    * syncing with gmail (I'm a huge Google user),
    * the many apps available

Unfortunately, I am on a budget of $300 max, so that's the dilemma. This makes the Incredible a long shot, I think. Droid 2 and X are similarly out of reach. The Eris seems to be a real option, but I'm concerned about it based on some of what I've read about the Eris here (I read the post comparing Droid vs Incredible). I'd hate to get a new phone and be disappointed.

'Must-haves' for me are: syncing with gmail, Google calendar and MS Outlook, as well as free text-to-voice GPS.

So... do you think it's worth spending the $ for a new phone (contract up in one year)? If yes, what would you recommend?

Thanks so much for your help!

Bryan

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with either the DINC, the Droid 2, or the Droid X (I tend to be biased towards the Droid X). In either case, however, I think you'll be painfully close to your spending limit for any of these phones.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! :)