• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
hey droiderss

owner of a moto droid and i love it. interested in knowing all the cool updates and and news about the phone and system. im trying to teach myself to program for android because it seems like an awesome system with alot of potential. but wow, programming is hard. (my only experience is i built some pretty decent html websites back in the day when caller id was a new and exciting feature).

so far im lovin the droid...my most immediate reasons for joining the forum:
1) I'd love more reliable and updated app news, specifically for the droid. Almost like if you could sort the "comments" section of an app in the marketplace by phone. that would be really cool.
2) i want to learn the Google Sky Map app. it looks like it's really cool, but I have not figured out how to use it. For instance, my instincts tell me to hold it to the sky with the screen facing me and the screen shows me the exact stars im looking at. Ive done this and I'm pretty sure it is not accurate (although im no astrology expert)

Anyway i look forward to meeting you all. catch ya on the flipsidee

hey droiderss

owner of a moto droid and i love it. interested in knowing all the cool updates and and news about the phone and system. im trying to teach myself to program for android because it seems like an awesome system with alot of potential. but wow, programming is hard. (my only experience is i built some pretty decent html websites back in the day when caller id was a new and exciting feature).

so far im lovin the droid...my most immediate reasons for joining the forum:
1) I'd love more reliable and updated app news, specifically for the droid. Almost like if you could sort the "comments" section of an app in the marketplace by phone. that would be really cool.
2) i want to learn the Google Sky Map app. it looks like it's really cool, but I have not figured out how to use it. For instance, my instincts tell me to hold it to the sky with the screen facing me and the screen shows me the exact stars im looking at. Ive done this and I'm pretty sure it is not accurate (although im no astrology expert)

Anyway i look forward to meeting you all. catch ya on the flipsidee
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

You are doing sky map correctly ... but is you want to find a certain body you can search for it and then skyview will you a visual arrow/Gunsight to locate the item in the sky ....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones