Introducing amateur Android App Developer... [new to Android] :)

Last Updated:

1. moon_walker333

moon_walker333 Member This Topic's Starter

Well, my story might sound little funny... :)

I had this affection to Android when it came (of course Google name was attached to it and it looked like a big/significant deal). I was using a Samsung Eternity then and had never handled an Android phone. Wanted to do something other than .NET programming, so I downloaded Android SDK and started going through the Notepad tutorial (everyone has to go through that tutorial, you know :) ) Then I thought I will start developing my own application. I used Nokia 6630 (which actually is a Smartphone of past generations) for about 3 years and had a very nice application on it called as "Wallet". It used to help me a lot to store and manage for personal info. So, I decided to develop that kind of application on Android SDK. You see, I did not have any Android device and I do not have any as of now. I developed the app and tested it only on the Emulator which comes with Android SDK. I named it "a Wallet". It has been available in SlideMe.org Android market for some time now. You can check it out and if possible provide your feedback on how I can improve it, that would be really nice.

So, now I wanted an Android device so badly because I wanted to actually run MY application on MY Android device and see how it runs and feel good about it :D

After ton of research and dilemma between Samsung Galaxy I7500 and HTC Hero (unlocked), finally I bought HTC Magic (Rogers version which has AT&T 3g bands and 288MB RAM). It has been shipped couple of hours back and I am tracking it every few hours and dieing to see it in my hands, running my application "a Wallet" ..... LOL

Now, an actual introduction :) I am from Dallas, Texas. Love everything about Android and I am living to see it become bigger than iPhone/Apple one day..... Amen. Of course I like to meet new people, know them, share knowledge, etc.

Looking forward to spend some good time on this Forum.

~ Saggy...

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy you visits !! :cool:

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome! :D

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!!

6. moon_walker333

moon_walker333 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. :)