• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Introducing MessageNow - Free Android-iPhone-iTouch Messaging

AS someone else has mentioned I can only get this to work through WiFi, this is the only program on my phone not working through my phones data plan.

Are you with Vodafone UK? We have had reports that this is happening and so far all the users that say so are with Vodafone UK. We are still trying to get to the bottom of why it's happening.

Upvote 0
I, too, love the app but would love to see BB included on this. I just came from a BB and everyone I know is on it and they all use BBM. Also would love to see group conversations and sending files.

This is an app that will blow up once you start adding more abilities. Also, if you could do like BBM and add people by barcode.

Upvote 0
I love the whole idea to this app and gave it a shot in my itouch and droid. It's pretty neat and seems to be working well so far.

Too bad I don't know too many people with android, but I'm going to try to convince all my iPhone people to download this app lol. A blackberry extension would be sweet, as most of the people that I know use blakberries.

Keep up the good work, it's a cool app!

Upvote 0
Just downloaded this and it seems to be working nicely between my droid and the gf's iphone. Are you planning on adding the options to customize messagenow on the android platform? My gf said she can customize backgrounds, etc. on her ipohone whereas I can't customize anything on my droid. Thanks for a nice app!

Upvote 0
Most of my buddies have Blackberries and iPhones, so this is really an awesome app for us. I can't wait until you have a Blackberry version also out there. Thank you so much for adding the delete convo option in the latest update.

Couldnt agree more. the list of apps which only support only 1-2 platforms is long (ping, whatsapp, messagenow, bbm etc.) but the first one who can cross the 3 major smartphone OS-es (Android, iPhone and BB) and as many of the others (Windows, Palm, Symbian etc), can charge whatever they like! I would gladly pay for something which can cross them all!

So far the only thing i have seen on iPhone which is even close is whatsapp who supports iPhone now and is in beta testing for BBM. When can we get an update on BBM progress?

Great job Jon! Really appreciate what you guys are doing over an enflick

Thanks
mejoyh

Upvote 0
Could be very useful in the future for me, when more people have Androids/its multi-platform.

Needs account w/ passwords though..

Is the username linked with the phone itself or the install of the program? By this I mean, if I updated right now and reinstalled the app, would I be able to use the same U/N?

Upvote 0
If by that time there won't be a way for you to do it through the app, we will be able to help you make the switch to a new device manually on our side.

Hi Jon - just re-installed this on to my new personal HTC Gero (T-Mobile G2) and of course, it tells me that my chosen username is already taken. How do I got about getting the username "transferred" to my new device?

Upvote 0
Been a couple of weeks now since I have installed this on my new handset. I tried it out on my work handset and of course, set up my desired user name on that. I've not had any luck in getting my username "released" - have email you guys twice, had one response but no action.

What do I need to do to get my user name released so I can re-register on this handset? Must say - it doesn't look good if I can't take my user name with me when I change handsets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones