Introducing myself

Last Updated:

1. astanton

astanton Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I was very glad to run across your site and this forum ! Am moderately techie in some respects ('user' end, mind you)... but only recently started to think about upgrading my cell to a smart phone.

Then I went to a couple of stores to see what was available and became entranced by the Samsung Galaxy S(?) tablet though I'm still thinking things through before I buy anything -- because I began to think really about what I wanted, 'really.'

I'm not someone who needs a device for entertainment value. What I would like is something highly portable that would let me to capture my multitudinous ;'] lists of ideas, things to do etc. since so often these thoughts hit me when I'm trying to eat lunch in a restaurant. That's why my heart went ping when I saw the 7" pad which looks just about 'big enough' to support my note-taking habits. I just am not convinced even with my delicate hands ;] that I'd be that comfortable thumbing my way across the phone keyboards, virtual or otherwise. And yes, I did try out the iPad and...am thinkin' about it too though somehow the size of the Samsung makes it memorable.

Also related to my thinking: Though young and sprightly, I'm 70% deaf and wear hearing aids and am a little concerned that the small slab phones (a/k/a smart) might not be optimal for me..and there I guess I need to ask if I can try them out in the store if I decide to go that route.

At this point, and yes it's partly just emotional!, I am really thinking heck, I barely use my phone so might just upgrade to another 'regular' phone or even look into a pre-paid and turn my attentions to the tablet.

Sorry, not sure what should go into an intro and was going for the commonalities here! But the main thing for me is, I write etc. and though I wouldn't expect to compose long documents on a tablet (or smart phone), I would like something to at least help me capture thoughts which are so fleeting!

Thx for listening. I very much appreciate after reading some of the threads here, that a number of you, though well-versed techies, are able to speak human to the rest of us who visit. A great site too, thanks! Arlene

Advertisement
  2. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

Welcome To the forums glad to have you here. Nice intro btw..

astanton likes this.
  3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

astanton likes this.
  4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

astanton likes this.
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums, the greatest place on the webernet!!

astanton likes this.