• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Introducing STICKYGEKO

StickyGeko

Dec 9, 2009
Good afternoon all,

Ive recemtly purchased a htc hero on orange uk. firstly would just like to say hi to all, my names Paul.

a quick question, my fone is constantly connecting to the net, anyway of stopping this untill such time i want to connect and refresh the emails etc???

2nd.... does any1 else have an issue with the signal? i get 1 bar or 2 bars if im luck, yet when i plug in the charger im gettin full bars.... bit bemused by this

thanks for all your inout in advance

Cheers Leky

hey Leky you aint too far from me, im in blackburn, i work in preston and have been over to bolton today, ive had full signal once, for about 5seconds, then back down to 1 / 2 bars...whats with the signal? ive had 2 people hang up on me because they say they cant hear me and or that the lines breaking up? is it a known issue or do i have a faulty moby

Upvote 0
hey, have you got the latest phone update? Go to the HTC website, click support and look under the Hero if not. It might help with the poor signal, cos I get pretty good signal here on Orange (full bars right now).

If that doesn't help it might be a faulty device. Oh, if you do need to run that update, bear in mind it will wipe the data off your phone, but you can get backup apps on the market if you need to backup contacts/apps/sms etc

Upvote 0
update.... orange replaced my hero today, the speaker kept sounding like it had a tare in it, wow this 1 is so different, think its an older 1 than the 1 just returned, the screen is soo much rich, and so much faster (had to manually update the rom) and the sounds it wayyyyy better, cant beleive the differences, oh and i get a decent 3/4 bar connection 90% of the time

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones