1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Introduction - Jonesli

1. jonesli

jonesli New Member

Hi all - I hear you are a friendly bunch (says so on the website) so I pleased to meet you. I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7'7 (P6800) and am having a serious problem I hope you can help me with. I'm not very techie so I doubt I'll be able to repay in kind.

I recently tried to update the tab to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 using CyanogenMod (via ClockworkMod Recovery). I believe I followed the instructions to the letter and everything seemed to go smoothly. However, I cannot reboot or start up. I get the Cyanogen logo and nothing more. My PC no longer recognises the P6800 via usb or Kies - so I cannot seem to transfer anything now to or from the tab. In despair - anyone got any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome to the forums jonesli, glad to have you here :)

First off here is your device forum: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 - Android Forums

Secondly, have you tried performing a factory reset, this can usually solve some of these issues, like what you are having, a "bootloop".

Try doing this by booting up into recovery and into CWM and performing a Factory reset, which will delete all of your data.

Hope this helps and thanks for joining :D
  3. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

4. jonesli

jonesli New Member

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I guess I just panicked. When I calmed down I realised I could restore the original OS from ClockworkMod "restore". Once up and running again, I regained my courage and tried the upgrade once more. I re-transferred the zips from my pc and reran the whole process - and it worked this time! Now feeling my way round Jelly Bean.