• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

introduction to this genius community

neo_the_one

Oct 17, 2011
The matrix
hello everyone.
i have been reading this community's posts for over 2 months and i then i happily joined android forums...
the knowledge of u guyz has helped me to root my samsung galaxy pro gt-b7510 with super 1 click. i got rid of bloatware and installed some good root apps.. nd aah, u knw ive bricked my phone once because of rom manager. :p but as it was in warranty, the service centre guys gave m a new processor.. bcoz im from rajasthan, india. here, these service guyz dont know what rooting is.... ;-)
ive removed the useless boot animation. though, no overclockable kernels and roms are available for my phone. :'(
well, so be it!
i just wanted to ask you guys, that i am using(actually, i dont know how to use it. :p) android terminal emulator.
i wanted to know, can i practise my c programming in this terminal emulator. if yes, how? if no, can you please recommend me some free alternative, as i dont have a credit card.
plz help ur newbie buddy!!!

thanks in advance...

Welcome to the AndroidForums, neo_the_one :).

If you are speaking of the Android Terminal Emulator app, then, the no, it really just provides shell access to the Unix (Linux) operating system--there are no C-compilers packaged-in with Android.

There are Java development environments (like Eclipse) that you can use to write Android applications--but I don't think they'll let you do C.

We're glad you signed-up with us here at AF.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
You are going to really like the forum! You'll probably start wondering what took you so long! lol

Welcome!

[Hide]
afwelcome_neo.JPG
[/Hide]

Upvote 0
Welcome to the AndroidForums, neo_the_one :).

If you are speaking of the Android Terminal Emulator app, then, the no, it really just provides shell access to the Unix (Linux) operating system--there are no C-compilers packaged-in with Android.

There are Java development environments (like Eclipse) that you can use to write Android applications--but I don't think they'll let you do C.

We're glad you signed-up with us here at AF.

Cheers!

Yup.. scary! :)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
thanx for ur answer.
1 more question...
i m having problem with the java(jbed) app in my android..
it runs the games good but there are no controls except 1 enter button.. and also there is no touch screen support!!! plz help, as i really want to play age of empires 3.jar on my phone.
my phone is galaxy pro. gt-b7510.

Upvote 0
thanx for ur answer.
1 more question...
i m having problem with the java(jbed) app in my android..
it runs the games good but there are no controls except 1 enter button.. and also there is no touch screen support!!! plz help, as i really want to play age of empires 3.jar on my phone.
my phone is galaxy pro. gt-b7510.

Hmm, not sure about that...your best bet would be to post in our games forum:

Android Games - Android Forums

or in your phone's home forum: Samsung Galaxy Pro - Android Forums

Cheers and good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones