• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Introduction

Hello, I am new to the whole android thing, as well as smartphones.
I have some Linux experience and website design experience. I am hoping to get into programming for android phones, and then soon maybe for Android and the dreaded iPhone. This is moreso because I respect all operating systems, I just have uses for specific ones, hence why I have them.

I am looking to rooting my HTC Hero on Telus Mobility, which is where I will start, once I learn how to root properly that is.

Other interests are Paintball, gaming (on both my pc and my xbox), skateboarding, movies and metal. I work for a computer parts store in sales. I have a decent knowledge on Computers and how they operate, so if anyone would like some help picking out computer parts, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

Hi Creegz,

Welcome to Android Forums! I'm sure all your computer knowledge will come in handy with the Android platform. I own the Droid personally but you will find that all of the Android phones that have been rooted, have a "All things root" sub-forum.

If you haven't already found it...this is a good starting point for you ;)

All Things Root (Eris) - Android Forums

Upvote 0
I've been perusing the HTC Hero root forums, nobody seems to have much info on the Telus edition of this phone, but I look forward to being able to contribute some, once I understand how all of this works fully. I don't make a LOT of calls, so I can suffer without that function for a day or so while I test a ROM. I'll try and find a good one that works for the Telus editions of the Hero. At least until SenseUI from HTC gets a 2.1 update for Hero that is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones