Introduction

Last Updated:

1. Creegz

Creegz Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I am new to the whole android thing, as well as smartphones.
    I have some Linux experience and website design experience. I am hoping to get into programming for android phones, and then soon maybe for Android and the dreaded iPhone. This is moreso because I respect all operating systems, I just have uses for specific ones, hence why I have them.

I am looking to rooting my HTC Hero on Telus Mobility, which is where I will start, once I learn how to root properly that is.

Other interests are Paintball, gaming (on both my pc and my xbox), skateboarding, movies and metal. I work for a computer parts store in sales. I have a decent knowledge on Computers and how they operate, so if anyone would like some help picking out computer parts, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi, Welcome to Android Forums. I want to encourage you to post your questions in the appropriate area as hardly anyone who knows the answer to your question will read it in this section!

Welcome!

3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Hi Creegz,

Welcome to Android Forums! I'm sure all your computer knowledge will come in handy with the Android platform. I own the Droid personally but you will find that all of the Android phones that have been rooted, have a "All things root" sub-forum.

If you haven't already found it...this is a good starting point for you ;)

All Things Root (Eris) - Android Forums

4. Creegz

Creegz Member This Topic's Starter

I've been perusing the HTC Hero root forums, nobody seems to have much info on the Telus edition of this phone, but I look forward to being able to contribute some, once I understand how all of this works fully. I don't make a LOT of calls, so I can suffer without that function for a day or so while I test a ROM. I'll try and find a good one that works for the Telus editions of the Hero. At least until SenseUI from HTC gets a 2.1 update for Hero that is.

5. PaulMcCartney

PaulMcCartney Well-Known Member

Hi there! :)

Welcome to AF! We hope you enjoy your stay!

*hugs* :eek: