Introduction

Last Updated:

1. blackice89

blackice89 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there, I'm new here. Don't really know what to say but that ad up there told me to say hi, and what can I say? That little green robot is very convincing. I don't have an android just yet, but my mom wants to get me one as a Christmas gift, so I'm just looking at the different options I have available, particularly the Samsung Galaxy S and the HTC Desire. It's gonna be really useful considering my undergrad thesis is a speech-to-text application. Since it's an accepted and much-vocalized truth in my team of four that the android is better iOS, and because android primarily uses Java as its primary development language, we selected android as our target mobile platform.

I have respect for Steve Jobs, especially with regards to his disapproval of flash, and I have nothing against the iPhone or iPad. I just think that iOS is meant for the less tech-saavy individual, just like the mac; if a person doesn't like tweaking different settings, and just wants something to work out of the box, then the iOS is for you. There are people, after all, that don't have the time, patience, interest, or intellect to fiddle around with The android, on the other hand, is meant for the geek, or power-user, much like its kernel, Linux. Its learning curve isn't as complex as Linux, however, it exists to be hacked. The majority of its popularity is based on the ability to take it apart, tweak it, and put it back together harder, better, faster, stronger.

That's basically everything you need to know about me with respect to android. It would be nice if you could help me in my decision between the Samsung and the HTC, but if this is not the place to do it, then i apologize. Oh and besides development, i plan spend a majority of its battery for music and games, but mostly music. I'd probably use it as a music player more than i would use it as a phone o_O. I do realize that an mp3 player would probably do better but droids don't come cheap where i'm from.

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. pWndYke

pWndYke Banned

That was a nice introduction. Very nice to meet you :p

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome! :)