introduction

Last Updated: 2012-10-05 12:16:13
  1. rahulnanda599

rahulnanda599 New Member

HI
    this is rahul and i came to know about this site from my friend .
    By the way i have a galaxy y and the main reason for joining this site is that i want a bit of information about rooting because i heard that rooting my smartphone allows me to access the internet of my pc. :D

Advertisement
  2. rahulnanda599

rahulnanda599 New Member

Can anyone please tell me does rooting my phone really allow me to access the internet of my pc?
    thanks.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Welcome to AF!

If you want to tether your galaxy as a wifi hot spot root is required, but if you could deal with tethering via usb cable root isn't required via "klink" from the market.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
  4. DragonSlayer95

5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome rahulnanda599, I am happy to welcome you to the AF community!

Fortunately enough what dragonslayer95 posted is the root guide and should help you if you need to root your Galaxy Y.

I am kind of confused what you are talking about with the internet thing. Your phone should be able to access wifi without being rooted. Now if you are talking about controlling your phone from your pc or vice versa there are apps for that, that i do not think require a root, it just takes some time of Searching the Google Play store.

hope this helps :D
  6. DragonSlayer95

If I read right, he's looking to tether his cell data to his pc which sounds right with the root comment.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
  7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

You can also give FoxFi a shot. Doesn't require root but not sure it works for all devices.
  8. rahulnanda599

rahulnanda599 New Member

thank you friends, but what i really meant was reverse tethering(i hope there is something like that).
    can any one please tell me how to reverse tether my phone?
  9. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

I don't believe reverse tether can be done, but you can use your phone off WiFi, but cannot use it for radio service without having a service plan on it. Hope that answers your question, at least that I am aware of.