1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Introductions, looking for Android testers

1. warnockm

warnockm Member

I'm working on an open source/open architecture project called Dunbar. It is a location-based chat program for mobile devices. So far, we have clients for Windows Mobile, and Android, and are currently working on clients for J2ME and iPhone. The program lets you chat with friends and see their locations. Also, the system will show your profile in Facebook and other applications. I know there are a few other programs like this, but we want this project to be free, available on many architectures and operating systems, open source, and open architecture so that anyone can create a client. Anyway, the point of my post is to find out a method to get people testing our initial Android release. I'm looking for real feedback; what sucks, what's good, what breaks it, etc. It was tested in the emulator, so what changes in real world conditions? Also, we're always looking for developers. Please stop by the project on sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dunbar/

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

am interested in being a beta app tester ... have downloaded the app for Android .... will provide feed back and detail testing
  3. justjimjpc

App would not install "Application install Unsucessful" is the message

two buttons vissible Launch and done .. Launch not accesible done closes ,,,
  4. warnockm

warnockm Member

could be a signing issue... i'll work on it and get back to you. Thanks for attempting the install!
  5. justjimjpc

nprmally the ApsInstaller will say if there is a siging issue ,,, but worth a try to resign app
  6. justjimjpc

I tried the DeskTop version on my XP-Pro Laptop and it was also unable to install ...
  7. warnockm

warnockm Member

Was there an error message? I've installed the desktop version on many machines and it works fine. It requires .NET 3.5, and should give you an error message and link to install if it doesn't find it.
  8. justjimjpc

what is net 3.5 and where do i get it for installation
  9. warnockm

warnockm Member

Turns out i uploaded the unsigned package. I signed it and uploaded the new version. Try it now.

PS: Lets take the DunbarDesktop discussion offline since it isn't Android related.