invalid email idSupport

1. songpalmese

songpalmese Member

Okay, I've found out how to deal with some of my contact issues (not displaying contacts which don't have phone numbers is a good start for some of them), but I'm still a little stuck.

There are a couple of email only contacts which I need to have, so I've added phauxn numbers to those contacts (555-1212). However, one of the contacts has a non-standard email address: (post.urlnamehere.com) and when I try to save the edited contact, the phone says: Invalid email ID. Please check! and won't let me save it.

WTF?

Advertisement
    :
  2. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to have an email address without an @ in it. Nothing available for use on any computer system will accept an email add valid without one.

It is like trying to use a TV without a power cord, not gonna happen in any currently existing home.

An email address by standard is username@domain
  3. songpalmese

songpalmese Member

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. The full address is username+0308@post.urlnamehere.com

I assumed the problem the phone was having was with the double dots in the url portion of the address.
  4. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

that does not seem to be an issue on my phone. I have a single contact that has 3 email addresses saved under it with no fake phone number. One of which is my mobile upload for my photobucket which is username.#'@uploads.photobucket.com. The other 2 are name@domain that are commonly used to send pictures to for work.