• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Invalid MMI Code

gizmo001i

Mar 25, 2011
Hi,
Since upgrading to 2.3 version 1.8, whenever I try to check my credit balance or whenever I try to access the unlock panel I always get this message:
"Connection problem or invalid MMI code."
I am PAYG with Tesco, but now the phone show O2 as the provider. Any thoughts on this will be very appreciated.
Many thanks
Ian

Hi,
Since upgrading to 2.3 version 1.8, whenever I try to check my credit balance or whenever I try to access the unlock panel I always get this message:
"Connection problem or invalid MMI code."
I am PAYG with Tesco, but now the phone show O2 as the provider. Any thoughts on this will be very appreciated.
Many thanks
Ian

These may work or not with your phone, they are taken from Google's code.google.com.
Option 1 is of no use here, 'cause it's for Samsung phone's

2. Disable 3G networks >> Settings> Wireless & networks> Mobile networks> Use only 2G networks [check] (use this if you dont access the internet with your phone through your carrier)

3. Reset/update, your firmware (AT YOUR OWN RISK).
You may also try a factory data reset >> Settings> Privacy> Factory data reset<< You may also add to this, after resetting your phone, don`t configure your gmail account. This kept my phone going for a full day, thats all.

4. Eliminate your APN (access point network). Search for APN on Market and try your favorite. (similar solution to #2

5. Question your carrier about your signal, and if they can provide support for your phone; online support should get you that far.

6. Disable all call forwarding >>Settings> Call settings> Call forwarding> select all of them, one at a time, and select disable.

Reactions: gurunaik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones