nflor001 Member

So how do I reset it?

Advertisement
  2. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Help me understand - you know your password and can log into Gmail via the web and just need to change it on your phone?

I think you can do that by just deleting your Gmail account on your phone and re-entering it.

If you've lost your password altogether or something, I believe you can there with a password reset option by going to gmail.com (maybe best to try from your desktop).

Helpful or not helpful?

(PS to akazabam - guess I'm just typing tooooo slow today. ;) )
  4. nflor001

nflor001 Member

EarlyMon you are correct. How do you delete your Gmail account on the Evo?
  5. akazabam

So you're saying you know your password, but it's invalid on the phone? How did that happen? Did you change your password through web? I don't think you can remove your main account that easily (without a wipe). Silly question, but have you tried just rebooting (Turn the phone off then back on)? That should prompt you to enter you account info (assuming you just changed the password).
  6. nflor001

nflor001 Member

Not sure how the password became invalid on my Evo. So I went to my main account online and changed it. Now I need to change it on my Evo.
  7. akazabam

Ok, so try rebooting, and see if you get a prompt.
  8. nflor001

nflor001 Member

cool, gmail works.

Now I'm having a problem with gtalk. The password should sync, right?
  9. akazabam

It should all be using the same account. What is the problem specifically (error messages,etc.)?
  10. nflor001

nflor001 Member

invalid username or password.
  11. nflor001

nflor001 Member

i may just have to drop gtalk and find some other app. Thanks for your help.
  12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

If you go to Menu-> Settings-> Accounts&sync and tap on your Google account, you can remove it there. Also Settings-> Applications-> Manage applications - choose the google app (mail or talk) and you can clear data there - that will remove the account.

Then add it back with the correct info by launching Setup from your application drawer, and double check it with Accounts&sync again.

Should work - but _will most likely_ cause up to an hour or so delay to be re-recognized by the Market.
    akazabam likes this.
  13. akazabam

I've heard of that not working before, but if it does, great to know.