• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Invalid Server Certificate error in Outgoing Mail

Robbie37

Lurker
Jan 28, 2012
I have a Motorola DroidX. Email has been messed up and Verizon has worked on it for two days. Finally got it to where I could receive emails. But I cannot Send because I get the error Invalid Server Certificate. I have double checked setting with what is in my computer mail....does anyone have a clue what is wrong? My ISP is not cooperative at all....it is Earthlink.....and they will only give you basic settings which you already know. I am at my wits end. Help!

I have a Motorola DroidX. Email has been messed up and Verizon has worked on it for two days. Finally got it to where I could receive emails. But I cannot Send because I get the error Invalid Server Certificate. I have double checked setting with what is in my computer mail....does anyone have a clue what is wrong? My ISP is not cooperative at all....it is Earthlink.....and they will only give you basic settings which you already know. I am at my wits end. Help!

Welcome to Android Forums, Robbie. I'm thinking that you have "verify server certificate" checked in the email settings. If you do, try unchecking that. If you don't, try clearing cache and data on your email app/widget, reboot your device and re-setup the email. ;)

Reactions: woodshaver1954
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones