Invisible shield full coverage

Last Updated:

1. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Kendoji

Kendoji Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Zagg and have ordered a screen protector. It's the first time I'll be using one on a touchscreen, hopefully it won't affect the usability of the screen.

I do love how indestructible they are.

3. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

bit grabby though so if you use slideit I wouldn't recommend them!

4. Celox

Celox Well-Known Member

Ruins the feel of the phone for me. Hate it on touch screens, the htc screen protectors however are alot better for me

Edit: and as mentioned above if you use slideIt or swype or anything like that this isn't something i'd recommend.

The invisible shield has alot of grip when you apply some pressure and it feels very plastic-y. I have one on my old samsung jet and don't like it one bit.
    It works great on my father's blackberry, but that isn't a touchscreen phone so there are no problems.
    The full body protector makes the phone feel fat in my opinion and the corners (No it doesn't 100% cover your phone) annoy me to no end.

I have posted my dislike of Zagg's invisible shield before, whether you buy it or not is up to you. they aren't too expensive and could be worth a try for you. But overall I would definitely not recommend it

5. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

I had one on my n900 and being quite a slippy case it added much needed grip so it didnt going flying out of my hand everytime it came out of my pocket!! Was ok to use as n900 didnt have multi touch either. Might be a problem for desire.

6. sandozer

sandozer Well-Known Member

I have this one fitted, protectionfilms24.com

It is superb, absolutely invisible and has the feel of glass to the touch. Costs around

7. nekromantik

nekromantik Well-Known Member

I was gonna buy the Zagg till Celox posted his issues with it in another thread. ha ha

Now I think il wait for the PDAir soft case and a screen protector. I like the PDAir aluminum case but it looks a bit too thick and the hinge is off putting.*

8. marky9074

marky9074 Well-Known Member

9. Cleargrey

Cleargrey Well-Known Member

Which one did you order? When you get it, do tell how good it is. I'm still in the market for a suitable screen protector.

But I'm still wondering if any screen protector can reduce the AMOLED weakness in the sun. I was just glancing at their Vikuiti Mobile Privacy Film and wondering if it reduces transmission from wide angles, does it reduce absorption of the sunlight from wide angles?

Anyone got any ideas?

10. marky9074

Vikuiti? DQC-160 screen protector for HTC Desire

This is the one... will let you know how it is...

11. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member

Very intersted in that Vikuiti DQC-160, please let us know what you think if you got one!

I bought a Kitmobile Universal from Phones4U today for

12. Cleargrey

I wonder how it's going with the screen protector... But then, I was thinking that if this screen protector came from abroad, then those ash clouds would have stopped deliveries and he wouldn't have got it yet.

Well, we'll just wait...

13. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member

14. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Well-Known Member

I got my Invisible Shield yesterday. I've had it on many devices in the past, and I think they are definitely an acquired taste; I like them. I like the added grip they give (I appreciate that's a negative for some). They are virtually indestructable, and don't tend to curl up at the edges over time. The Desire seems to be a fingerprint magnet, and the Zagg is much less so.

I like the feel of the back of the Desire, and I don't think it will mark easily, so, at the moment, I'm just using the screen protector.

15. Cleargrey

Interestingly, I asked Virkuti if they had any screen protectors that reduce oily fingerprints. Specifically, I emailled them:

"I have a HTC Desire and was wondering if any of the screen protectors you supply can reduce smudges. I tend to have oily fingers and this becomes a problem in bright sunlight."

And their resonse was:

"Hello,

Here we can recommend to you our Vikuiti display protection film DQC-160. This film is crystal clear, scratch-proof and extremely easy to apply without bubbles. More information is available at:

Vikuiti? DQC-160 screen protector for HTC Desire

The price for custom manufacturing of the specified size would be 8.95

16. Tonberries

Tonberries Member

Yeah I'm pining for a Zagg film, but I know they aren't exactly slick and slippery, as I have one on my mp3 player - an old 30 gig creative. This one looks awesome though, please make a quick review when you get it :)

17. sandozer

18. whitworth

whitworth Member

19. sandozer

It does mark, but as you effectively have a perfectly flat, smooth, shiny surface I can`t see how it would not. It wipes perfectly cleanly with your hand though, no cloth required.
    I have had this fitted since I got the phone, so can`t quite remember how bad the unprotected glass was for marks.

20. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

If you've never owned an Invisishield, you should at least once in your life. The reason is, then you'll believe everyone who has since returned their Invisishield and vowed never to use them again. Be sure that after you apply it, make sure your device is turned OFF for at least 24 hours, because inevitably, when the shield starts to peel, the first thing CR will ask is if you kept the phone off for a full 24 hours. If you haven't, they will not allow you to return it for the full refund. My recommendation: Spend $3 for 3 ordinary off-the-shelf shields. They won't grab like Invisishield and if they scratch up (which they don't) more than you like, rip it off, put another on. You've only lost $1.

21. Celox

Celox Well-Known Member

I agree 100%

22. ethereal

ethereal Active Member

so bad, i order zagg shield yesterday, did anyone tried HTC made protector, i believe should be better as its coming from phone manufacturer itself.

23. Celox

Celox Well-Known Member

I'm using a htc touch hd screen protector cut to the size of the htc desire (better than you think its almost a 100 % fit including the corners) untill i get my hands on the htc desire screen protectors.

The htc protectors are excellent, no grabby or grippy feel, nothing, slides very easily and you can't really feel it's there

24. sur444

sur444 New Member

just fitted vikuiti-dqc-160-screen-protector.

i have to give it 10/10. It is a 100% fit with curved corners.

Make sure you clean screen with a lint free cloth and fit the protector correct way round (the desire screen has a slight curve at the top).

25. marky9074

I just got mine today and fitted it... obviously your calibrated eye is not as good as mine :p as its about 1mm short in width, but perfect in height, and as you say perfectly takes in the curves.

As for application it took me about twenty minutes to get a perfect clean face before I applied (i'm anal) then it went on first time no bubble.. no change in resistance at all.... pretty impressed so far...