Invisible Shield installGeneral

Last Updated:

1. PSUBALL10

PSUBALL10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Installed the IS on 2 incredibles this evening. Everything went well, they look great. Just a few tiny bubbles that should dry up. The phones have been "resting" for about 6 hours now. I plan on waiting the full 24 hours before i put the batteries back in and turn them on. I started reading some posts on other forums about how people have messed up their phones with water damage after installing the IS. Just wanted to see if anyone was having any trouble after installing the IS. I tried not to use alot of water, but there was some water coming out from under the IS when i was squeegeeing the bubbles out. Going to be a worrisome 24 hrs......

Advertisement
  2. gqchynaboy

gqchynaboy Active Member

any pics??

3. PSUBALL10

Not yet, i will get some up tonight. Everything looked really good this morning. I am still a little nervous to see what happens when i put the battery in and turn it on.

4. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member

I should have mine in a few days so I'm also interested to know how it worked out for you. Please post some photos when you have a chance. Now if I can just figure out how to remove the Body Glove case; it's sesms to be on there pretty well.

5. PSUBALL10

Will do. One phone was turned on and everything worked fine. So hopefully we will be 2 for 2.

6. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

I still haven't received my invisible shield and I ordered it a week ago. As soon as it gets in I'm opening it, putting it in another envelope and shipping it back for refund.

7. android_freak

android_freak Well-Known Member

I put mine on yesterday and turned the phone back on after like an hour

8. ubet

ubet Well-Known Member

Hello I turned mine on right away I was in a car going down the freeway when I put mine on

9. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Why would you use water? I was going to pick one up tonight.. Any more reviews?

10. malice

malice Well-Known Member

I put mine on weds when I got the phone. In fact I never touched the screen with my hands, i just took the factory protector off and put the zagg shield on. There was some water that came out, but I wiped it with the lens cloth provided as I pushed it out. I didn't wait 24 hours to use the phone. I put the clear invisible solid case on, let it charge for about 3 hours, then started it up. I didn't have any problems with corners or anything. There is maybe one little blemish on one of the non-screen parts where dust or oil or something got under it. Its freakin tiny and unnoticeable though. So far so good.

11. malice

malice Well-Known Member

Zagg invisible shield, and some other screen protectors apply just like vinyl tinting on cars. You wet it, and the seal is formed when you press the water out. I think it vacuums the vinyl against the glass.

12. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

How hard are they to remove and does it damage the screen at all?

What if it is sitting in the sun couldn't it melt?

13. MikiBee

MikiBee Well-Known Member

I wasn't so lucky putting mine on. Everything was fine, but when I turned on the phone, I noticed a tiny hair right across the middle of the display (3 dogs, 2 cats.. it's inevitable). It would have driven me nuts, so I removed it and tried to get the hair off, but it was stuck on their pretty good. I ended up scuffing the underside, so now it's just no good. When I tried to reapply it, the edges wouldn't stick.. they would curl up. I guess I'll have to wait till someone else.. preferably Steinheil comes out with theirs soon. In the meantime, I hope I don't scratch my screen!

14. malice

malice Well-Known Member

It wont melt. You can take it off anytime by just peeling it up. It won't do anything to the screen at all.

15. PSUBALL10

Glad to hear that everyone is having success with them. I too waited a week before mine was shipped. Not happy about that but still wanted to get a cover on it asap.

Apparently they can be removed, they tell you to peel it off very slowly and it should come right off without damaging the phone.

Sorry about yours MikiBee