Invisible Shield

1. naltima

naltima Member

Anybody use invisible shield on their N1? Just got it in the mail and wondering if I should bother putting it on, the phone seems to be more scratch resistant than I thought it would be.

Advertisement
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Well-Known Member

Haha you bought it without the intent to put it on?

I have one on my Droid, BB 9700, and my iPod Touch. Totally worth it, it's awesome.
  3. bobbyjason

bobbyjason Active Member

Love your website dude :p
  4. iamkewl

iamkewl Well-Known Member

5. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member

I bought one at a place in Irvine CA and they install it for you. I got the full back and the top and bottom of front - not screen. The soft finish on the N1 is nice but not very resistant. I noticed on the bottom of N1 I got some minor blemishes, like dark splotches that must be from rubbing in the pouch it comes with. I know people say that the finish is teflon or something like that but I have never seen that on Googles phone specs page or even on the video they produced talking about the phone. I highly suggest the shield.
  6. jblazea50

jblazea50 Well-Known Member

i put mine on tuesday and i haven't had any issues as of yet; i am not satisfied with the cut, but besides that, everything seems fine; no issues at all
  7. MKeditor

MKeditor Well-Known Member

There is another thread about this. I have an invisible shield on mine....but I am not thrilled with it because it makes the four buttons at the bottom of the screen harder to use. You really have to pop them to get them to work. Often times it takes two or three tries. I was going to remove the shield....but I am getting used to it.
  8. konman795

konman795 Well-Known Member

I had one before but I took it off and now I'm using Phantom Skinz, works so much better and there is almost no orange peel.
  9. naltima

naltima Member

You can always just take scissors cut the screen protector the size where it only covers the screen and not the buttons. It might void the warranty though so I'm not sure.

I don't like mine because the screen quality has turned from amazing to complete crap. Maybe it's because there's still liquid underneath the protector, but literally the screen has these pink dots all over the place. Sort of looks like if you would spill liquid on the screen. Hopefully it dries within the next couple of days and is not noticeable, otherwise I'll have to take it off. I'd rather have the phone scratched up than having to be bothered my the crappy looking screen.
  10. jblazea50

jblazea50 Well-Known Member

i was going to order Phantom Skinz but i had ordered Zagg's the day before; i like the Zagg, don't have any issues with it; also, Phantom Skinz is cheaper if you use Winter33 promo, which is good till Feb 28
  11. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of getting the Zagg one but I'm worried about the liquid getting into the sides of the screen.

Am I being paranoid?