'Invisible' text message- help!Support

Last Updated:

1. ah19321

ah19321 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello!

New member but long time reader!

I have recently came across a problem with my text messaging on my HTC Incredible.. I was deleting a thread because it was too large. As it was deleting I received a text from that person and now my phone thinks there is a new message that I have not checked and it keeps popping up in my status bar.

Anyone know how to get rid of this?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

thats weird. what text app are you using? did you try rebooting?

3. superstretch

superstretch Well-Known Member

Definitely try rebooting. If that doesn't work, see if they'll text you again and then delete the message

4. ah19321

ah19321 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys! Haven't tried rebooting it, already did that for a previous problem and am trying to avoid that whole process again but I guess I will have to!

Thanks!

5. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Rebooting isn't really that big of a "process". Hell, I do it every other day to bump charge. Shut phone down - restart phone. Takes less than a minute. What's the big deal?

6. Audiophile

Audiophile New Member

This same exact thing happened to me. I've tried rebooting as well as taking the battery out of my Incredible and nothing and I mean nothing has worked.

7. AndroidRider

AndroidRider Well-Known Member

haha, I think they're gonna do a rest on the phone...

8. Audiophile

Audiophile New Member

I figured it out.

You need to go to the market place and download the app, SMS Cleaner Free.

When you start the app, press the menu key and select settings. Uncheck or disable the 'Keep Unread Message' option.

I selected the 'Delete By Contact' option on the main menu of the app. From there I entered the contacts phone number and selected 'All'.

You then select 'Delete Now' and it will pull of the 'Confirm Deleting' dialogue box. It will give the total amount of messages to be deleted. In my case, I only had that lone Phantom Text Message.

In the dialogue box you can select Delete, Preview, or Cancel. Obviously Delete will delete the messages while Preview will allow you to view which messages are being deleted. In my case, it found the Phantom message I wanted to get rid off. Cancel will clear out of the dialogue box and return you to the previous menu.

I deleted the lone Phantom SMS and has since been gone from the contact card and notification bar!! It has also reset my unread SMS/MMS message count to its correct number!

I hope this helps those out there with this same issue, which seems to be a new Froyo 2.2 bug!

Thank You!

Audiophile!