• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iOS for a weekend

Actually, Material Design wouldn't be that bad if Google didn't keep burying useful functions behind gestures and me triggering the wrong gesture by mistake!

I like to try new things. sometimes they stick, other times they do not. When Play Music kept running long after i quit the app and once again chewed through my data plan, i started to get reminded exactly why i stopped using their apps in the first place. That being said, if they can ditch the action overflow and respect the menu button again, and ditch the gestures, find some way to make Google Now do more than it does, offer a way to use a different TTS voice, and find a way to get back a card you swipe by mistake, Material Design is nice. At least it isn't a crap flat design!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Well you keep your hipster interface. i'll stick to something that has worked fine for 4 years and didn't need to change for the sake of change.

Seriously why should i have to use some UI that frustrates me when what i had before works fine? since when is Android a fashion trend? I'd be happy to use what i want as i see fit and not be made fun of for it.

Upvote 0
Get-Google-Play-Coby-Kyros-MID7015.jpg

Upvote 0
My first Android tablet. Coby Kyros MID7015. 256MB RAM, 4GB internal storage, resistive touch screen, Android 2.1, Stylus...
Resistive stylus touch pads, from when volcanoes were everywhere and boy bands roamed the Earth!

Honestly, I was going to mention one in another thread and stopped, sure that no one would remember the days when they ruled our tablet forum.

Well played, sir!

Upvote 0
Well you keep your hipster interface. i'll stick to something that has worked fine for 4 years and didn't need to change for the sake of change.

Seriously why should i have to use some UI that frustrates me when what i had before works fine? since when is Android a fashion trend? I'd be happy to use what i want as i see fit and not be made fun of for it.

PRECISELY and bravo for saying this.
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif

I'm on Verizon and after having read more than 100 problems cropping up with 5.0 and no really good solutions to them.... I have frozen my Galaxy S5 with 4.4.4 because it works well, I like the UI, and when I mention this in a lot of posts on another forum, I get ridiculed for being a "naysayer?"

honestly , some rich kids have access to money and don't even know where it came from. Risking bricking a phone is not in my senior budget, and a diabetic coma prone wife means it must call 911 when needed. If it is bricked, and my budget can't replace it.... then what?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones