1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

IP Cam Viewer..... anyone?

Last Updated:

1. sw20matt

sw20matt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone used this app? what I want to know is can I use it with the webcam on my laptop, or do I have to buy some expensive security cam?

Advertisement
  2. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member

HI,

I use it with a Panasonic 331 outdoor camera. Yes, a security type camera. If you e-mail the developer you should be able to use any ip camera. Just put in your ip address but again e-mail the developer and he will tell you how if it does not work.

The application works great when I am on my network.

Larry

backdraft64 likes this.
  3. sw20matt

sw20matt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, I did some reasearch after I posted this and an IP security cam is diffrent than a web cam. Now if you can somehow assign a webcam im not sure and would like to find that out.

If someone comes out with a program similar to mobiscope.com that would be awesome. would like to see a program that could be seen via the internet and not just over the network.

4. Durkan

Durkan Well-Known Member

ipcamviewer works with webcams on your pc not just IP cams. Yawcam, a free windows cam software that gives you plenty of options. It does work rather well on my droid. You could even just use the browser to log into your computer to view the webcam. Check it out.

5. bellz123

bellz123 Member

Can anyone tell me how to set this up so I can use my Mac camera as a remote cam?