• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ipad "No Internet Connection with Barnacle"

vifa84

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
I have a vibrant galaxy with 2.1 rooted to run barnacle, the whole reason I did it. At first I was able to connect and surf the internet with the ipad but all of a sudden it stopped working. I can get it to connect and it shows proper ip, subnet and DNS numbers like 192.168.5.100 and 255.255.255.0 and 10.35.71.201 but when I select anything like safari it says there is no internet connection. Other devices connect and work fine, iphone, computer etc. just the ipad has the problem.
I have tried forget this network several times, renaming wan and lan but no luck.

Is there something else that might be blocking the internet from apple?

So let me get this straight. Everything connects but the iPad? So much for "It Just Works".

That's correct, other devices will connect to barnacle and work fine. For example: I can put my iphone in airport mode and connect to barnacle and access the internet through safari with no problem.

It's just the ipad that it will not allow access to the internet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones