Ipad smart cover for xoom

1. mitchmoney1

mitchmoney1 Well-Known Member

I will be buying the Motorola xoom very soon. The ipad 2 still ain't nothing compared to the xoom and my hatred for apple will never get me buying anything of their iwhatevers. The new smart cover for the ipad2 does sound really good and an interesting concept. Does anyone know if you can find something like this for the xoom?

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

have not seen anything as of yet, but give it time for these 3rd party cats to begin whipping up some things... especially once the wifi only model comes out...:)

and welcome to xoomer land..
  3. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hatred, really? Shouldn't we reserve this kind of emotion for criminals /politicians? Despite the borderline hypocrisy of your post, I do agree that something like this would be quite cool.
  4. StreakTheQuad

StreakTheQuad Well-Known Member

ipad = giant ipod touch.

Smart cover = giant blackberry holster :)
  5. Conzo427

Conzo427 Member

The Xoom does not have a metal to magnet into on the top, though it does on the bottom. Good thought though.

So it is October now, has nobody developed a case like this one yet?
  6. ionfist

ionfist New Member

Hello guys,
    If you are interested in something like the SmartCover then you can check out CaseSensor on the Android Market
  7. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I own an iPad and a Xoom and it simply isn't true that the iPad is "nothing compared to the Xoom", although if I had to choose, I would (narrowly) choose the Xoom.

You won't see something as good as the smart cover because the Xoom doesn't have the magnets built into it like the iPad. This is one example amongst many of how carefully Apple thinks these things through, unlike Motorola.