iPhone 3GS vs SGSGeneral

Last Updated:

1. nMo

nMo New Member This Topic's Starter

I know it's not a straight apples to apples comparision (couldn't resist the pun) but I find that both these phones cost about the same here (~Rs. 30k).

I've used the iPhone 3G (wife has one) and played with the SGS yesterday. While the SGS hardware is completely superior to the 3GS I'm more curious about the user experience. Can someone who has used both phones provide an opinion if the Android Experience can replace the iPhone one? After using a Nokia e71 I find that I no longer want to wait for something to mature nor waste my money on something that is half-baked or just not ready right now. The future will bring what it will.

My gut feeling is that I may be happier purchasing the iPhone even though I really like the SGS and it's superior hardware but what use is all that power if the Android is not there yet in terms of user experience & apps?

On a side note if someone has iOS 4 running on their 3GS how does that change this SGS vs 3GS equation in your opinion?

My apologies if there has already been a thread posted asking this. Please direct me to that thread instead.

Cheers! :)

Advertisement
  2. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

Iphone 3gs is very solid and what it does. For me buying an outdated technology does not make sense, although it may for you.
    However, if you are moderately technical you will be happier with SGS. Unless you are all about simplicity, I do not see too many reasons for you getting 3GS when the price is nearly the same.

3. gonzlobo

gonzlobo Member

My 3g with io4 is so utterly slow, it's painful. Release of the Galaxy on VZW can't come soon enough.

4. nMo

nMo New Member This Topic's Starter

@ghdtpdna: In a way what you say is what I feel too but then stop myself from going for the SGS. Maybe it's the lack of apps. With my Nokia e71, I keep finding myself wishing for either a Blackberry or iPhone.

@gonzlobo: Won't the 3gs be better at handling the new iOS as it has better hardware over the 3g? My understanding is that 3gs hadware will perform maybe 80-85% to the iPhone 4.

5. bigup

bigup New Member

ios54 shouldn't of ever been released for 3G, it just cant handle it, had to flash mine back to 3.1.2 before it was even usable again.

but ive gone to SGS now and i don't regret it, awesome phone, fast as hell and does everything the iphone can.